Green Business Bureau Blog
Where to Recycle Electronics
omputers, cell phones, game players — we upgrade and toss out the old ones fast. But these gadgets can’t go into the garbage because they’re filled with toxic materials. Many manufacturers and retailers are starting to take their electronics back, so you don’t have to deal with it. Or find a responsible recycler near you.
Where to start:
- Give cell phones back to their manufacturers or donate them to charity.
- Return iPods to Apple for recycling or sell them for parts.
- Keep old TVs out of landfills by taking them to a safe e-cycling facility.
- Take e-waste to stores like Best Buy and Staples that have recycling programs.
- Search Earth 911’s database of recycling locations across the U.S.