Green Business Bureau Blog
Practical Office Cleaning Tips
Working in an office environment is something a lot of us share, a job that has its good sides and bad sides, but in the end we can all agree upon one thing: a filthy workplace is something extremely unpleasant and counterproductive. For that reason alone we can and should keep the dust away from all our belongings, not to mention do our best to kill the germs on our desk and keyboard while we’re at it. The tips ahead in this article will give you a few ideas on what you can do to make sure this will never become a problem around your favorite spot in the office:
- One of the still present problems around any office building is the ever present use of paperwork that still needs organizing. Despite the growing digitalization of the way we handle information around an office, things still eventually need to be put on paper for one reason or another. You would do well to have a viable way to keep these things organized and easier to use so you won’t have to deal with too much dust on your desk. This will make cleaning far less of a chore and something much easier to handle in the long run.
- Make sure you avoid eating over your keyboard, as this will make things absolutely worse when you need to follow it up with cleaning it later down the line. There is simply no need to do this, since the crumbs will fall between the buttons on most keyboards and they will later serve as food for bacteria. You can simply shake the keyboard from loose crumbs every so often, as well as other things such as dust, hair and dander. You may need to replace or dismantle the keyboard once in a while to keep things looking good and ready while you work.
- Something else you need to do to keep things clean is to organize the desk you work on, so you won’t have to dig through a bunch of your possessions each time you need to dust and clean it. This task should be done on a semi-regular basis to avoid dealing with more problems as the months move on. Fewer decorations on your desk will mean less issues you need to deal with, so your personal space will be far easier to clean.
- You should also focus on remembering where things go and keeping them where they need to be as you move on with your day. The more organized you are, the easier it will be to clean things in the long run.
- Your main problem at work will often be your own belongings rather than the actual cleaning job, so you would do well to keep them under control so you won’t have to deal with far too much on your plate when you clean. Sanitize your desk and electronics once in a while and you will have a far easier time overall.
Read more tips here: http://carpetcleaninglondon.net/rug-cleaning-london/