Green Business Bureau Blog
For Immediate Release September 20 2016
Cotto’s Cleaning Services Joins Green Business Bureau
Loysville, PA – By committing to going green, Cotto’s Cleaning Services is paving the way for future growth that will make the cleaning services firm more competitive. The company provides janitorial services for residential homes and commercial buildings including offices, banks and schools. Reinforcing their values of using only safe, environmentally sustainable cleaning solutions and chemicals, Cotto’s Cleaning Services has joined the Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. With green certification through GBB, the firm embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged SME in the industry.
The company strives for safety and quality for both their staff and clients. Prior to putting a higher priority on being green, Cotto’s chemicals had pH levels that were beyond a safe concentration for the team to utilize, which caused respiratory issues, headaches and nausea. Management is still in the process of finding the best possible products and gradually switching cleaning chemicals that are comprised of biodegradable components with lower pH levels.
Among the green initiatives they have in place, Cotto’s Cleaning Services uses a biodegradable multi-purpose cleaning solution, and is currently in search of bathroom and floor cleaners with the same concept. In addition, the team carpools to reduce emissions and greenhouse gases and also ensures that all recyclables are disposed of in proper recycling receptacles. Rechargeable batteries and vacuum cleaners are presently being researched as well. Since joining Green Business Bureau, the firm will start providing either/or hard copy or electronic resources to be distributed to clientele to expose the importance of being green and why our involvement with this organization is essential.
For more information on the GBB program, please visit http://www.gbb.org
# # #
About Cotto’s Cleaning Services, LLC: We provide janitorial services for residential homes to commercial buildings including offices, banks and schools. We offer a range of flexible, affordable, quality services to meet the needs of our clients for standard, moving, deep, and construction cleans. We go above and beyond to guaranty we leave an impression for our clients and ensure 100% satisfaction – “We clean, so you won’t have to.”
Claudio Cotto – Owner/Operator
Cotto’s Cleaning Services, LLC
5453 Blain Rd.
Loysville, PA 17047
For Immediate Release September 20, 2016
WINTER PARK, FL – Stony Point, Inc. has joined the Green Business Bureau and achieved green business certification.
Stony Point is committed to encouraging employees to make greener choices in the areas of energy conservation and waste reduction. The Green Business Bureau provides guidance on sustainable practices as Stony Point seeks to continue lowering its environmental impact.
“Everyone has a responsibility to ensure the health of our planet for future generations. Our philosophy of having an entirely remote workforce ensures our employees are green and simultaneously increases their quality of life by giving them back at least 5 hours every week in commuting time.” said Steve Wasula, President of Stony Point, Inc.
Since its founding, all Stony Point employees have worked from home providing the following collective benefits to the environment:
- Saving 96,000 miles a year that would have been driven during commutes
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 39,456,000 grams per year*
- Saving over $100,000 in energy costs for an office by utilizing Regus shared office space when necessary
*Based on average statistics in the following document:https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2016-02/documents/420f14040a.pdf
About Stony Point:
Founded in February 2011, Stony Point, a Salesforce Consulting Partner, has rapidly become a leader in promoting Salesforce Adoption. Stony Point offers consulting, training and recruiting services throughout the world with a focus on helping clients recognize a high rate of return on their investment in Salesforce. To learn more about Stony Point and the products and services offered, please visit www.stonyp.com.
Salesforce and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, Inc.
For Immediate Release August 2, 2016
Miami, Florida– According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, approximately 40% of food in the U.S. goes to waste. Freedom Fresh is committed to going green in order to create a more sustainable produce supply chain from seed to fork. Their goal is to implement sustainability practices that will improve environmental impact and to ensure the availability and safety of produce to their customers. Because their services support minimizing waste and energy usage, Freedom Fresh feels a particular obligation to be responsible with their choices and actions.
Reinforcing their values of saving natural resources, Freedom Fresh has joined the Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. Freedom Fresh embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged enterprise in the industry and looks forward to working with GBB to implement sustainable business practices in all areas of our business: people, product and performance.
Among Freedom Fresh’s key environmental initiatives:
- Donating unsold produce to Monkey Jungle, a local Miami zoo
- Dumping expired produce into our aerobic, on-site digester that converts waste into fresh water
- Purchasing recyclable office materials whenever possible
- Donating a portion of our profits to Greener Fields Together’s Cultivating Change local farm grant program.
- Monitoring all our truck routes and providing our trucks with fuel-efficient gasoline
# # #
About Freedom Fresh: Freedom Fresh is a South Florida leader in the distribution of fresh produce to cruise ships, export, foodservice and retail establishments.
8901 NW 33rd Street
Doral, FL 33172
(305) 715 – 5700
Point of Contact: Yamilette Ayala, Marketing Manager
For Immediate Release July 20, 2016
Quincy, Massachusetts – When most people think of pest control, toxic chemicals and harmful pesticides come to mind. Many of these pesticides are formulated in a laboratory setting, with little regard to the sustainability of the ecosystem or the planet. As a pest control company, Expert Mosquito & Tick Control feels it is important to make clients realize that they are committed to helping the environment. Their goal is to implement sustainable industry practices that will improve environmental impact and to ensure the health and safety for their customers. The company practices integrated pest control methods, which helps to control mosquitos and ticks using nature as a guide.
Reinforcing their values of environmental conservation and natural resource management, Expert Mosquito & Tick Control has joined the Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. Expert Mosquito & Tick Control embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged enterprise in the industry and looks forward to solidify their commitment to a green environment for their customers.
Among Expert Mosquito & Tick Control’s key environmental initiatives:
- Educate or customers as to which types of plantings and vegetation naturally repel mosquitos and ticks
- Offer a 100% naturally organic option to control mosquitoes and ticks
- All pesticides used are EPA approved as safe for residential applications
- The insecticides are safe for children and pets
- The insecticides also do not harm unintended insects, such as honeybees and butterflies
- Use their products on their own property
For more information on Expert Mosquito & Tick Control, please visit http://www.themosquitoexperts.com
For more information on the GBB program, please visit http://www.gbb.org
About Expert Mosquito & Tick Control: Offers property protection from mosquitoes and ticks to customers in both a residential and commercial capacity. Offers one-time event sprays as well as seasonal protection. Summer in New England is such a short window! Why not enjoy as much time outdoors as possible without the nuisance and health risks associated with mosquitoes and ticks!
For Immediate Release July 15, 2016
Van Eerden Foodservice Company Joins The Green Business Bureau
Grand Rapids, Michigan – By committing to going green, Van Eerden Foodservice Company is paving the way for future growth that will make the foodservice distributor more competitive. Their commitments will reduce their environmental footprint, which in turn will support their clients’ environmental objectives. Since their services support minimizing waste and energy usage, Van Eerden feels a particular obligation to be responsible with their choices and actions.
Reinforcing their values of saving natural resources, Van Eerden has joined the Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. Van Eerden embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged enterprise in the industry, and Green Business Bureau will work closely with the company to achieve that goal. As part the certification process, GBB will:
- Provide continual updates on ways to go green
- Highlight the easier, more attainable, and smaller projects to work on towards going green.
- Schedule quarterly or semiannual webinars with updates and Q&A’s
- GBB rep to come and visit and assess areas for improvements
Since joining, Van Eerden has implemented key environmental initiatives:
- Place a company employee on the organizing committee for the same or another event to achieve maximum involvement and exposure
- Place an outdoor ashtray or cigarette butt can in a convenient space for smokers
- Put your refrigerator and other appliances on timers and turn off refrigerator for 90 minutes twice a night, while nobody is going in/out of it
- Donate leftover and unwanted food-to-food banks
- Install light switch occupancy sensors in proper locations to automatically turn off lighting when no one is present
- Replace regular light bulbs with Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (CFL) that last longer and save energy
- Arrange the workspace to take advantage of areas with natural sunlight; design future spaces with natural lighting opportunities in mind
- Reduce air leaks with weather stripping and caulking around windows and doorways.
- Use lighting more efficiently with task lighting and daylighting
- Arrange for a single delivery of several items from vendors
# # #
About Van Eerden Foodservice: Van Eerden Foodservice Company is an independent, broad line foodservice distributor that is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and has provided quality foodservice products and services since 1920 throughout the Midwest. We offer a wide range of national brands and private label dry and frozen foods and serve a diverse group of customers. Van Eerden Foodservice is a partner with Pro*Act, a national network of local produce distributors that has taken on the initiative of Greener Fields Together (GFT). GFT engages every link in the fresh food supply chain – from farmer to distributor to customer – to work toward more conscious production and consumption. The initiative provides a level of assurance that produce sourced and delivered through our network has been grown, harvested and handled using sustainable practices.
Manager of Produce
650 Ionia Ave., SW
Grand Rapids, MI, 49501
Heal Estate is a unique and transformative online community created to inspire, educate, connect, and motivate people globally towards an eco-friendly lifestyle. Our mission is to support eco-friendly businesses gain greater visibility in order to create a significant impact on our world.
Your membership in the Green Business Bureau demonstrates your company’s commitment to sustainability. We applaud that commitment and would like to extend an exclusive offer to all Green Business Bureau Members:
- 12 month Membership as a Heal Estate Member
- 12 month listing in our Sustainable Membership Directory
- 12 month subscription to our monthly GreenZine newsletter
Green Business Bureau Exclusive Pricing
Earth Membership $225.00
Forest Membership $450.00
Sky Membership $675.00
Achieve a measurable Return on Investment (ROI) by reaching a targeted audience of buyers for sustainable products and services.
- Millennials, the fastest adopters of sustainable lifestyle products and services
- Young adults who have been working hard to change our environment and demand that for their children
- Baby-Boomers who are looking to change and/or upgrade their lifestyle to eco-friendly and sustainable products and services
- Business People who are looking to have the most eco-dynamic products on the market to satisfy their customers
Heal Estate subscribers are individuals who seek to learn more about creating a sustainable environment for their future. These highly educated buyers look for a one-stop location where they can identify the best methods to secure their sustainable lifestyle goals, and be able to connect with businesses that can provide these products and services directly to them. Your membership listing in our community directory is where our qualified buyers will find your business.
- Monthly website unique visitor growth rate of over 50% month to month
- Time spent on Heal Estate website averages over 7 minutes per viewer
- New subscriber growth rate of over 30% of visitors month to month
- Monthly outreach to our active database of GreenZine newsletter subscribers
To take advantage of the Green Business Bureau Exclusive Offer
Enter Discount Code
* Valid Through July 30th, 2016 *