Green Business Bureau Blog
Freedom Fresh Joins The Green Business Bureau
For Immediate Release August 2, 2016
Miami, Florida– According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, approximately 40% of food in the U.S. goes to waste. Freedom Fresh is committed to going green in order to create a more sustainable produce supply chain from seed to fork. Their goal is to implement sustainability practices that will improve environmental impact and to ensure the availability and safety of produce to their customers. Because their services support minimizing waste and energy usage, Freedom Fresh feels a particular obligation to be responsible with their choices and actions.
Reinforcing their values of saving natural resources, Freedom Fresh has joined the Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. Freedom Fresh embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged enterprise in the industry and looks forward to working with GBB to implement sustainable business practices in all areas of our business: people, product and performance.
Among Freedom Fresh’s key environmental initiatives:
- Donating unsold produce to Monkey Jungle, a local Miami zoo
- Dumping expired produce into our aerobic, on-site digester that converts waste into fresh water
- Purchasing recyclable office materials whenever possible
- Donating a portion of our profits to Greener Fields Together’s Cultivating Change local farm grant program.
- Monitoring all our truck routes and providing our trucks with fuel-efficient gasoline
# # #
About Freedom Fresh: Freedom Fresh is a South Florida leader in the distribution of fresh produce to cruise ships, export, foodservice and retail establishments.
8901 NW 33rd Street
Doral, FL 33172
(305) 715 – 5700
Point of Contact: Yamilette Ayala, Marketing Manager