Green Business Bureau Blog
GAME ON: EXCEL DRYER TO EXHIBIT AT GREEN SPORTS ALLIANCE SUMMIT JUNE 29 – JULY 1
High-speed, energy-efficient XLERATOR® hand dryers installed in sporting arenas and stadiums around the globe
EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. – Excel Dryer, Inc., manufacturer of the finest American made hand dryers for over 50 years, featuring the high-speed, energy-efficient XLERATOR® hand dryer, today announced they will exhibit at the fifth annual Green Sports Alliance Summit at McCormick Place in Chicago, Monday, June 29 to Wednesday, July 1.
“As the green movement grows in popularity, a number of sports teams – including the New England Patriots – have placed an emphasis on providing more sustainable solutions in order to ‘green’ their facilities,” said Vice President of Marketing at Excel Dryer, William Gagnon. “The high-speed, energy-efficient XLERATOR hand dryer helps sports teams achieve their sustainability goals while also contributing to other main objectives: reducing costs, labor and maintenance, while improving the stadium’s appearance and fan experience.”
The XLERATOR hand dryers can be found in a number of other sporting arenas and stadiums around the globe, including: Wembley Stadium in London; the 2010 FIFA World Cup stadiums in South Africa; Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals; Dodger Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Dodgers; and Gillette Stadium and Fenway Park in Excel Dryer’s home state of Massachusetts, home to the New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox.
“The NFL currently has XLERATOR hand dryers installed at its New York headquarters, NFL Network Studios in Los Angeles and is encouraging the use of high-speed, energy-efficient hand dryers at stadiums as part of the league’s ‘Green Initiative’,” said David Krichavsky, director of community affairs, National Football League.
The XLERATOR dries hands three times faster (in 10-15 seconds)* using 80 percent less energy than conventional hand dryers and represents a 95 percent cost savings over paper towels, eliminating their labor, maintenance and waste. The installation of the XLERATOR hand dryers was a significant factor in reducing overall waste removal from Fenway Park by over 123 tons when first installed, which equated to a 24 percent reduction in waste compared to the same time the previous year. A customized cost-savings analysis revealed that the XLERATOR hand dryers reduced Fenway Park’s hand drying carbon footprint by 82 percent. Additionally, with the installation of the XLERATOR hand dryers, Fenway Park saved $83,000 annually – a 97 percent savings over paper towels – and saw a full return on their investment in just over 12 months, including installation costs.
With the capacity to hold nearly 70,000 people for any event, Gillette Stadium’s restrooms offered significant room for improving sustainability. Originally equipped with paper towel dispensers, Gillette Stadium used an average of 6.3 million paper towels per year at a cost of more than $50,000 for paper, maintenance and waste removal. The New England Patriots partnered with Excel Dryer to install more than 125 XLERATOR hand dryers throughout Gillette Stadium. The units have several different cover designs featuring the team’s logo, colors and a sustainability message letting fans know why they’ve switched from paper towels. By installing the XLERATOR hand dryers, Gillette Stadium has saved 95 percent versus paper towels, while reducing their carbon footprint by 70 percent.
“While our primary focus remains on creating the ultimate fan experience, we’re continually looking for new areas to make environmental improvements,” said Jim Nolan, vice president of operations at Gillette Stadium. “Updating the restrooms with XLERATOR hand dryers represents another large step in reducing our carbon footprint. Over time, we plan to install more dryers throughout our other properties, reducing operating costs and supporting our existing sustainability initiatives.”
Excel Dryer offers custom digital image covers that provide stadiums and arenas with an opportunity to showcase branding with graphics, colors, logos or a custom sustainability message. Additionally, Excel Dryer has partnered with the Green Apple Program, an initiative from the Center for Green Schools at the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) that brings together advocates from around the world and encourages them to take action in their communities through service. Through this partnership, Excel Dryer created custom covered high-speed, energy-efficient Green Apple XLERATOR® hand dryers that are available for any facility to purchase with a portion of the proceeds going back to the Green Apple initiative that supports putting all our children in healthy, sustainable learning environments within this generation.
Excel Dryer has a diverse range of products and options along with the most complete line of accessories in the industry to create the best hand drying solution for any restroom environment, including optional Speed and Sound controls or HEPA Filtration System for a quiet and clean airflow.
For more information about Excel Dryer, visit exceldryer.com.
About Excel Dryer, Inc.
For over 50 years, Excel Dryer, Inc. has been manufacturing the finest American made hand dryers and invented the patented XLERATOR® hand dryer technology. XLERATOR created the high-speed, energy-efficient hand dryer category, redefining the public perception of hand dryers and setting a new standard for performance, reliability, customer satisfaction and sustainability. Excel Dryer has a diverse range of products and options along with the most complete line of accessories in the industry to create the best hand drying solution for any restroom environment. The newest model, the XLERATOReco® hand dryer, uses ‘no heat’ technology to dry hands using only 500 watts making it the most environmentally friendly hand dryer on the planet. Featured options include an adjustable speed and sound control and a HEPA Filtration System that can be used to create a quiet and clean air flow. A leader in sustainability, Excel Dryer was the first hand dryer company to commission an independent Life Cycle Assessment, which was peer reviewed to ISO 14040 standards, that confirmed the XLERATOR hand dryer reduces the carbon footprint of hand drying by 50-70 percent versus even 100 percent recycled paper towels. Many attempt to imitate, but never successfully duplicate the original, patented and still-the-best, XLERATOR hand dryer. For more information, visit exceldryer.com.
* Dry time based on third party testing performed by SGS International on standard XLERATOR® hand dryer with 0.8 nozzle to less than 0.2g of residual moisture.
If you want to see your home clean and de-cluttered, it is advisable to adopt certain strategies and methods to help you be more effective at this very important work. It is essential to keep your home clean and decluttered at all times, because only then will you be able to feel good there. Home cleaning may not be easy, but you will gladly invest time and effort, because it is necessary.
Here are few things you can implement in your home cleaning routine that can make it easier and more effective:
– Start off with small and simple tasks – you can easily feel overwhelmed when there is a lot to do in your home. If you have been ignoring your home cleaning chores for too long, the last thing you want is having to clean everything at once. It is impossible! To make it easy, start with simple tasks that are not too demanding. Spread them over the course of few hours and you will soon notice quite the improvement in your home.
– Clear a starting zone – getting one area of your home thoroughly clean is a good strategy, because it creates a space free of clutter that you can use for rest and further motivation to continue cleaning. Set a clear rule – this zone must remain clutter-free and should be maintained clean. What you can do next is expand your home cleaning around this zone and do what you must to include every room in it.
– Schedule a weekend for decluttering – it can be tough to find the time to do a proper declutter of your home when you come back from work. Not only will you feel demotivated but also you won’t be very effective. This is why you should schedule a weekend that you can entirely devote to this task alone. This will focus your effort and make it easier to get down to work.
– Teach your children to take care of their belongings – children, especially those of young age, can contribute a great deal to the clutter in your home. Toys, clothes and sport equipment can be found in just about any room they wander into. You should do everything in your power to teach them to put their belongings where they belong. Your home cleaning will be far less troublesome when you are not forced to pick up this and that and move it where it belongs.
– Visualise a clutter-free room – try to close your eyes and imagine the perfect room. See it the way you want it to be – absolutely clean and having no clutter. Then open your eyes and make that vision a reality – start with decluttering and move on to home cleaning in order to make your vision a reality. You will find this extra motivation quite helpful.
Dealing with clutter is a challenge, which you must prepare to meet. In order to be effective, you can consider any of the outlined strategies. Each one you implement will guarantee better results.
More tips find at: expert carpet cleaners in Wimbledon
Being eco-minded goes much farther than carrying a reusable bag to the grocery store and recycling bottles and cans. Living sustainably may seem challenging, but more and more retailers are making eco-friendly products that cause less harm to the Earth that makes living sustainably a little bit easier.
Candles can be a secret polluter. Although they can make a stylish addition around your home, some candles use lead-based wicks, paraffin wax and other harmful chemicals. To make your home safe and stylish, consider using eco-friendly candle alternatives.
The Oregon-based soy candle maker Alchemy offers dozens of beautifully made-to-order candles made from natural essential oils sourced from fruit, flowers, trees and herbs as well as biodegradable, food-grade wax. The company takes a sustainable stance on manufacturing and sourcing materials as well. In fact, all of the materials used come from the U.S. Plus, all of the packaging is biodegradable and recyclable.
Bambeco offers a selection of beautiful recycled glassware sets that can complement any kitchen or dining theme. The unique glassware is made from old glass soda bottles that were tossed into landfills. The soda bottles and broken glass pieces are melted down and handblown into new, sustainable and stylish cups, pitchers and tumblers. Each piece is made entirely by hand and no two pieces are exactly alike.
Reclaimed Wood Furnishings
Reclaimed wood furniture items like a bed frame, table and chairs set or even an ornate candelabra can make a wonderful, sustainable addition to your home. Reclaimed wood comes from many different sources, so you can achieve the look you’re after while being kind to the planet. Rich vintage fir aged-wood pieces can complement homes that use warm tones and weathered beachwood can add a light and airy feel to any room, no matter the season.
VivaTerra offers beautiful and eco-friendly home furnishings that are made from all different types of reclaimed wood. Viva Terra has something for everyone, no matter your style preference, from classic-traditional to contemporary-bohemian.
Bamboo Woven Shades
For a healthier home, consider eco-friendly window treatments that offer UV protection and glare reduction. The Shade Store uses renewable resources like bamboo to create eco-friendly window treatments like solar shades. According to The Shade Store, solar shades are energy-efficient, which makes this home decor item a sustainable and Earth-friendly choice. Although some eco-friendly retailers offer a minimal selection of products in less-than excitable colors, the solar shades from The Shade Store come in a variety of colors from neutrals to brights like poppy, so you can select a color that works best for your style.
Native to Spain, Tunisia and Portugal, cork trees can live to be 800 years old. The harvesting practices are sustainable and the manufacturing process generates almost zero waste. Cork flooring is the natural alternative to wood floors sourced from exotic lumber, vinyl floors or chemical-ridden carpets. In addition to being durable, hypoallergenic, healthy for the environment and aesthetically pleasing, cork floors are also safe. Cork is fire-resistant and will only ignite or melt at severe temperatures. When properly cared for, cork floors can last up to 40 years.
Green Building Supply offers a variety of beautiful cork flooring options, including natural styles that are GreenGuard certified.
Winnipeg, Manitoba–By committing to going green, Expeditors Plus is paving the way for future growth that will make this service provider more competitive. Their commitments will reduce their environmental footprint, which in turn will support their clients’ environmental objectives. Since their services often support businesses operating in remote wilderness environments, Expeditors Plus feels a particular obligation to be responsible with their choices and actions. Reinforcing their values of saving natural resources, Expeditors Plus has joined the Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. Expeditors Plus embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged SME in their industry.
Among Expeditorsplus’ key environmental initiatives:
- Use of 80% wheat straw FSC-certified copy paper
- Encourage employees to use public transportation by covering their costs
- Eliminate the use disposable of paper ware in the office and implementation of recycled/recyclable, compostable, and biodegradable paper ware in remote operations
- Paperless pay stubs and faxes
- Recycle paper, plastic, cardboard, metal, glass, toner cartridges, and electronics
- Purchase fair trade, sustainably sourced, and/or locally grown and processed food products
- Use of ‘green’ cleaning products
- Provide regular maintenance to their fleet vehicles to maximize efficiency and minimize pollutants
For more information on Expeditorsplus Inc., please visit http://www.expeditorsplus.com
For more information on the GBB program, please visit http://www.gbb.org
# # #
About Expeditorsplus Inc.: Expeditorsplus Inc. provides exceptional quality and cost effective camp management, catering, and housekeeping services for projects in mining & exploration, oil & gas, construction, and infrastructure development. Anywhere a remote work camp is required, Expeditorsplus can provide a full range of support services.
Expeditorsplus also supplies fishing lodges and outfitters in Canada’s north with essential purchasing, shipping, and freight forwarding services, as well as meet & greet and shuttling of their guests.
488-B Kensington St.
Winnipeg MB Canada R3J 1J7
The areas and the objects where play pets like cats and dogs usually require a more frequent cleaning, due to the spread of pet hair and the risk of thriving unhealthy bacteria. That’s why you should pay more attention to these objects in the house and a great idea is to clean them on a weekly basis. The deep cleaning should also be quite frequent like every month or within a few months. However, the best way to ensure cleanliness and to make the rooms more visually pleasing is to deodorize and sanitize when deep cleaning. Next are few tips and examples of what’s to come during this yet overwhelming and complex activity.
First, deep clean carpets and rugs with a hot water cleaning machine. Use a rental carpet machine or call a dependable and professional cleaning company and request a quote. The hot-water extraction method is perfect for deep cleaning whole carpets and rugs. The decreasing power of the hot water eliminates bacteria and pollen, while dissolving greasy spots and dirt in the meantime. Moreover, you can add a tiny amount of a deodorizing and sanitizing agent to enhance even more the cleaning power of the machine. It’s like doing three or more activities at a time. The final effect should also be flawless, especially after a complete drying of the treated surfaces. Just make sure that your rugs and carpets are safe for cleaning via hot-water methods. Always consult the label on the backing of the carpet, first.
Sofas, chairs and pillows are other important objects to sanitize. For this, use a vacuuming machine to pre-vacuum the edges of the sofas, the seat and the areas under the elbow rests. Pre-vacuum under the sofa or just everywhere. You don’t need to remove the hardest stains or to try to achieve a clean effect. Pre-vacuuming is just a preparation of the upholstery, as well as fastest and easiest way to get rid of the pet hair. Then, make yourself a homemade sanitizing detergent of boiling water, baking soda, salt, dish-washing detergent and a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol. Apply the solution onto the heavily stained areas and spots, and rub well with a clean towel. Repeat the procedure until the dirt dissolves and it forms a clean foam. Then, let it soak up to sanitize and eliminate all the bacteria and microorganisms.
Clean bed coverings and deep clean the mattresses. The light textile surfaces like bed sheets and other light objects can be deep cleaned and sanitized in the washing machine. Just run it on a higher water temperature. Then, clean the mattresses if needed according to their labels and apply an extra protective spray against bacteria and microorganisms. This will ensure the cleaning effect for a longer time and it`s an especially important extra layer of protection when you let your pets to play on the beds.
After deep cleaning and sanitizing, there may be a need for deodorizing. This will reduce the pet odor and it’s important to use only eco or pet-friendly deodorizers. They usually work on all kinds of surfaces – from carpets and tiled flooring, to tables, sofas and chairs in the living room.
Above all, make sure to take regular cares about the cleanliness of your pets themselves. An antimicrobial dog leash is one of the quintessential methods for protection when you walk the dog outdoors. A regular veterinary inspection will also ensure cleanliness and safety for your pets, which on the other hand means less unhealthy bacteria and a need for sanitizing or deodorizing the entire house.
Preserving the environment is a topic that is becoming ever more important. With organizations and companies doing their fair share to become more involved in protecting the environment and developing green technology, it only makes sense to continue this trend and bring this desire to go green to households as well.
Going eco-friendly is not easy sometimes, as it requires dedication and commitment to an important cause. If you truly wish to be considered an eco-friendly person, there are some things that you can do in that direction. Some of them require big investment, while others require nothing more but a change of habit and establishing a routine. You can implement any number of the following suggestion to your home and start contributing to a greener and cleaner environment.
– Green cleaning – this is among the most common green solutions that you can implement in your home, but unfortunately it is also the most problematic in that it requires a huge investment. People begin to discover the benefits of single household solar and wind power, as such systems are becoming more popular. But implementing a system like this will not come cheap. It is a long-term investment, which often requires 10 or so years to pay off. If you are willing to invest, you have to keep in mind that such installations require professional cleaning service and maintenance.
– Eco-friendly cleaning solutions – one of the most obvious solutions that you should definitely implement in your home, in order to embrace the green idea. Every cleaning company is trying hard to develop more efficient green cleaning methods and techniques. If they can do it, so can you in your own home. It is not too hard. Start by replacing some of your cleaning products with all-natural green cleaning solutions. There are numerous recipes that include non-harmful materials which you use in your everyday life. Some of them make pretty efficient cleaners, which can get the job done.
– Reduce and replace plastic – plastic is one of the biggest enemies to the environment. Tons of plastic materials end up in landfills every year, not to mention how much plastic waste can be found in the oceans. All of this is really taxing on the environment and for this reason you should make sure that you do not contribute with any unnecessary plastic waste. Instead of plastic, switch to glass containers. They are far healthier because they will not spoil the food and liquid. Additionally, when it comes to cleaning service, they are much more durable.
– Reduce energy consumption – households can easily have over 70 appliances nowadays. With such a huge number, energy consumption can easily reach high levels, but you must do everything in your power to make sure this does not happen. So what can you do? For starters, you need to understand that a good number of appliances continue to drain power just by being plugged in. These are nicknamed ‘energy vampires’ and can often times contribute a good 10% increase in the electricity bill. Make sure those are unplugged whenever you are not using them. One more thing you can consider is acquiring energy-efficient gear.
All of the outlined suggestions for green living can be implemented in your home. Doing so will ensure a step towards a safer environment and a cleaner tomorrow.
More cleaning tips find at this website