Green Business Bureau Blog
March 8, 2017
Dallas, Texas – By committing to going green, Revenue Technology Services (RTS) is paving the way for future growth that will make the software solutions company more competitive. Their commitments will help minimize the negative impact on the environment, which in turn will also support their clients’ environmental objectives. RTS clients value companies that are environmentally friendly, and RTS has always shared their sustainability initiatives through periodic newsletters. Reinforcing their values of environmental responsibility, RTS has joined Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. RTS feels that getting a formal accreditation from the GBB will make their commitment real and more transparent.
Among Revenue Technology Services’ key environmental initiatives is offering employees the opportunity to work in a Virtual Office. According to company policy, employees can work from home for up to two days a week and use travel alternatives like e-mailing/web/video conferencing in order to cut down on fuel emissions and energy consumption in the office.
In addition to a Virtual Office, RTS:
- Mandates a policy of using recyclable paper products, elimination of plastic and Styrofoam cups, use of mugs, silverware, environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals, offer a food composting program at the office
- Institutes an energy conservation policy, which includes purchasing ENERGY STAR-qualified electronic equipment, placing computers in hibernating mode, etc.
- Mandates a ‘no print unless absolutely necessary’ policy to minimize impact to the environment
- Corporate and employee contributions to non-profit environmental causes in the community
- Adopted the tagline ‘Let’s go green to keep the globe clean’ as a part of the marketing material to create awareness in the travel industry
Environmental responsibility is not only the right way to operate in business but also a smarter way to make more profits. By instituting the Virtual Office policy, employees are saving on fuel and toll charges while the company is saving on energy consumption in the office. By eliminating use of plastic and Styrofoam cups and by using silverware and Corning ware, the company is saving on the need to continuously purchase non-recyclable products. Through the conscious deployment of the above policies, RTS has now achieved Platinum membership status at the Green Business Bureau.
# # #
About Revenue Technology Services: Revenue Technology Services (RTS) is a worldwide provider of profit enhancing revenue management and pricing software solutions for the passenger and cargo transportation industries. Our offerings, aimed at the Airline and Cruise Ferry industries include software solutions, consulting and education services, operations research capabilities, technology services and IT development support.
With an executive team averaging 20 years industry experience, RTS’s aim is to provide the transportation industry with the solutions and services to achieve improved profitability through effective schedule planning, pricing, and revenue management.
RTS is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with offices in UK and South Africa and a development center in Mohali, India. RTS remains committed to researching and developing new technologies and services to help our clients achieve more profitability through more effective revenue management and pricing. To date, we have served clients in over 20 countries with solutions carefully matched to the needs of their industry.
Vice President – Passenger Solutions (also Captain of Green Initiative Team at RTS)
6500 International Parkway, Suite 1700
Plano, TX 75093
For Immediate Release February 21, 2017
SYNLawn® Joins The Green Business Bureau
DALTON, Ga. – Reinforcing their values of sustainable business, SYNLawn has joined the Green Business Bureau (GBB), which is an international membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. As the leader in innovation in the industry, and now part of the largest global synthetic surfacing company, SYNLawn strives to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged SME in the industry.
By committing to going green, SYNLawn is paving the way for the future. Their goal is to lead the artificial grass industry through advanced product innovation, reduce the environmental footprint of traditional landscaping, and foster a culture of customer service excellence. This in turn will support their clients’, employees’, and all stakeholder environmental objectives.
“SYNLawn is pleased to have our business certified by the Green Business Bureau. Environmental stewardship is one of our core values, which is reflected in our practices. We are proud to offer premium synthetic grass that is environmentally friendly in its application and through the manufacturing process,” states George Neagle, SYNLawn’s vice president of sales and marketing.
As a lifestyle brand, SYNLawn’s goal is to help educate consumers on why artificial grass is a great option to reduce and save water, as well as eliminate the use of harmful chemicals when it comes to landscaping applications. The company wants to explain that not all artificial grass products are alike and that they can choose a product that is bio-based, uses renewable resources, contributes to a positive environmental impact, and doesn’t cost more or sacrifice quality.
In keeping with their sustainable business vision, SYNLawn has incorporated numerous green initiatives, in which most have been using renewable resources in the manufacturing process. In addition, they will be focusing more on implementing green practices throughout their corporate offices and facilities, as well as encouraging regional distributors to initiate new, environmentally responsible practices. “We are very excited about our advancements in innovation as we see the market expanding into bio-based products. This continues to be a great opportunity for SYNLawn to support our local U.S. farmers throughout the country,” says David Calhoun, SYNLawn’s product manager.
# # #
About SYNLawn®: As the industry innovator on synthetic grass for landscape solutions, SYNLawn uses exclusive yarn technologies to produce products for synthetic landscape, golf, pet and playground systems. Because SYNLawn is plant-based, it is 100-percent recyclable and boasts the only USDA-certified, bio-based artificial turf products in the industry. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, SYNLawn offers customers the highest quality products, competitive prices and the most genuine and strongest manufacturer warranty of 15 years. With the company’s continued growth, SYNLawn now has more than 75 locations internationally.
Michelle Balicki, Marketing Manager
2680 Abutment Rd.
Dalton, GA 30721
For Immediate Release January 11, 2017
EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. – Excel Dryer understands that a coordinated approach to green restroom design is one that uses the most up-to-date, high-efficiency products to reduce energy usage, conserve water, save money and contribute to a better environment overall. With this holistic and environmentally friendly approach, Excel Dryer saw the need to adopt a benchmark for sustainable business practices and joined Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. A proud member since 2011, Excel Dryer embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged manufacturer in the industry. The organization will continue to be an innovator and champion for change, leading the industry by example.
Excel Dryer is committed to encouraging everyone to make greener choices in the areas of energy conservation and waste reduction. The Green Business Bureau provides guidance on sustainable practices as the company seeks to continue lowering its environmental impact. “Excel Dryer always attempts to engage in a dialogue with customers, sharing credible, third-party testing results to substantiate environmental claims,” as William Gagnon, Vice President of Marketing at Excel Dryer states. “With so much information being disseminated in the market, it is becoming increasingly important to communicate environmental claims not only through corporate communications but also through alliances with and certifications from organizations like the Green Business Bureau.”
Among Excel Dryer’s key environmental initiatives:
- The family-owned and -operated company revolutionized the industry with the invention of patented XLERATOR® Hand Dryer technology that created the high-speed, energy-efficient hand dryer category and set a new standard for performance, reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Became the first hand dryer company to commission an independent Life Cycle Assessment, which was peer reviewed to ISO 14040 standards, that confirmed the XLERATOR Hand Dryer reduces the carbon footprint of hand drying by 50-75 percent versus even 100 percent recycled paper towels.
- The XLERATOReco® Hand Dryer, uses ‘no heat’ technology to dry hands using only 500 watts making it the most environmentally friendly hand dryer on the planet. Like the XLERATOR, the XLERATOReco Hand Dryer’s featured options include a noise reduction nozzle and a HEPA Filtration System that can be used to create a quiet and clean air flow.
- Excel Dryer places just as much importance and emphasis on creating environmentally responsible products as it does substantiating product claims with third party and industry consensus testing. This provides evaluation methods and credible data that buyers and specifiers can use to make ‘apples to apples’ comparisons and more informed decisions. In an effort to ‘level the playing field’ and usher hand dryer manufacturers into a new age of transparency, Excel Dryer initiated the process with UL Environment (a business division of Underwriters’ Laboratories) and was asked to chair the committee to create Product Category Rules (PCR) for the hand dryer industry. The result of their efforts set a precedent — the PCR developed was the first global standard for any industry and the first industry-consensus standard for the hand dryer industry.
- To Excel Dryer, education comes in many forms. In addition to information-sharing through their own marketing materials and industry-specific publications, educational courses have remained a top priority of the company. Excel Dryer has again partnered with Penny Bonda of Ecoimpact consulting, to craft a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) course. Bonda, known as “the mother of green interiors,” has long recognized Excel Dryer as an industry leader and a provider of sustainable and responsible restroom solutions. The course, titled “Next Generation Green Restroom Design v2” (NGGRDv2) is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA), Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) and the Interior Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC).
- Excel Dryer is a strong supporter of the international Green Apple Day of Service, an initiative from the Center for Green Schools at the U.S. Green Building Council that brings together advocates from around the world and encourages them to take action in their communities through service projects at local schools. The Day of Service, now in its fourth year, provides an opportunity for students, teachers, parents, elected officials, organizations, companies and more to transform all schools into healthy, safe, cost-efficient and productive learning places. Through its Green Apple partnership, Excel Dryer created custom Green Apple covers for their high-speed, energy-efficient XLERATOR Hand Dryers that are available for any facility to purchase and a portion of all proceeds go back to support the Green Apple program. The Green Apple XLERATOR Hand Dryer can be co-branded to include school logos, colors, mascots or a custom sustainability message. In addition, the Green Apple XLERATOR Hand Dryer comes with new features including adjustable speed, sound and heat settings, as well as, multi-voltage options, and is available with the industry’s most complete line of optional accessories including a noise reduction nozzle and HEPA Filtration System for a clean and quiet air flow.
- In 2013, Excel Dryer formed a partnership with Architecture 2030, a nonprofit, nonpartisan and independent organization established in response to the climate change crisis. Architecture 2030’s mission is to rapidly transform the built environment from a major contributor of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to a solution for the climate and energy crisis through two primary objectives: reducing fossil fuel consumption and GHG emissions; and the regional development of an adaptive, resilient built environment that can manage the impacts of climate change, preserve natural resources and access low-cost, renewable energy resources. Specifically, Excel Dryer became a partner of the 2030 Challenge for Products, an initiative that seeks thought leaders of the global architecture and building community to adopt, design and manufacture ‘green’ and sustainable products to reduce the carbon footprint by 50 percent below the product average by the year 2030. As part of the 2030 Challenge for Products, Architecture 2030 requires manufacturers to produce third party expert verified Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) studies and requires architectural and building professionals to specify low-carbon building products that meet the program targets. The peer reviewed (per ISO 14040 standards) Life Cycle Assessment of XLERATOR confirmed it reduces the carbon footprint of hand drying by 50-75 percent when compared to both traditional hand dryers and even 100 percent recycled paper towels.
About Excel Dryer:
For over 50 years, Excel Dryer has been manufacturing the finest American made hand dryers featuring the XLERATOR Hand Dryer. Excel Dryer is a family-owned and –operated company which revolutionized the industry by inventing the patented XLERATOR technology that created the high-speed, energy-efficient hand dryer category and set a new standard for performance, reliability and customer satisfaction. Excel Dryer continues to lead the industry with its expanded and enhanced product line featuring adjustable speed and sound, HEPA Filtration System, adjustable heat settings, multi-voltage options and more. Combined with the most complete line of options and accessories, the best hand drying solution can be designed for any restroom environment. Excel Dryer prides itself on offering the ultimate customer service and making dependable products by employees committed to quality and dependability. Excel Dryer products are available through an established network of sales representatives who call on more than 4,000 distributors globally for distribution worldwide. Learn more about Excel Dryer at exceldryer.com.
EXCEL DRYER, Inc.
357 Chestnut Street
East Longmeadow, MA 01028
Vice President of Marketing
Toll Free: (888) 998-7704
Company website: http://www.exceldryer.com/
Whitham Group named the #1 Executive Search Firm in Renewable Energy in the US by Solar Power International
For Immediate Release December 8th, 2016
San Francisco, CA – Since becoming a GBB-certified green business, Whitham Group has evolved to become the market leader in recruiting candidates for companies in the renewable energy industry. The company has embraced the commitment to going green with a passion for renewable energy and the people who have dedicated their talent to protecting and sustaining the environment, with a strong belief that even small actions can make a big impact. In 2015, Whitham Group joined the Green Business Bureau (GBB), which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses.
In keeping with their sustainable business vision, Whitham Group has incorporated numerous green initiatives:
- Adopt Environmentally Sound Business Practices, one being “Green Marketing”, where the website is 100% green and powered by renewable energy. Their entire office is powered by renewable energy as well.
- 90% of marketing materials are all online, and their team also has business cards with chips so instead of massively printing them, employees just swipe the chip on their client/candidate’s cell phones, and the V-Card is automatically loaded into their phones instead of their hand.
- For the holidays, the firm sends e-cards to all of their clients and candidates instead of paper holiday cards. The Huffington Post states, “The 2.65 billion Christmas cards sold each year in the U.S. could fill a football field 10 stories high. If we each sent one card less, we’d save 50,000 cubic yards of paper.” So, Whitham Group did not send even one card on Thanksgiving or Christmas, saving approximately 10,000 cards from being printed. The firm now sends cards electronically without the additional postage costs and waste.
- 90% of employees drive electric or hybrid vehicles.
A consistent mindset throughout the organization is key to making a positive, sustainable impact on the environment, and Whitham Group embodies the goal toward becoming a truly sustainable business. Having already achieved GBB Gold Certification status, all of Whitham Group’s employees have adopted a greener lifestyle from recycling at home to energy efficiency. In the office, they recycle toner cartridges and do not print anything unless necessary. They also do not allow plastic bottles in the office and have a water station with reusable glasses. And since their core business is within renewables, clients and candidates are all very savvy in terms of green lifestyles; having the certification solidifies their commitment to preserving the environment.
For more information on Whitham Group, please visit http://www.whithamgroup.com
For more information on the GBB program, please visit http://www.gbb.org
# # #
About Whitham Group: Whitham Group is a Recruitment Firm that has a focus on Renewable Energy, Construction, Engineering, Utilities and Environmental Services. The firm recruits candidates from Managers to CEOs and recently have been named the #1 Executive Search Firm in Renewable Energy in the US by Solar Power International.
Carina Whitham, President
Whitham Group Renewable Energy Executive Search
388 Market Street, Suite 1300
San Francisco, CA. 94111
For Immediate Release November 4, 2016
Boca Raton, Florida – By committing to going green, Master Odor Removal is paving the way for future growth that will make the odor removal services company more competitive. Their commitments will reduce their environmental footprint, which in turn will support their clients’ environmental objectives. Since their services include the use of nontoxic products without harmful chemicals, Master Odor Removal feels a particular obligation to be responsible with their choices and actions. Reinforcing their values of environmental responsibility and public health awareness, Master Odor Removal has joined Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. Master Odor Removal was impressed by Green Business Bureau’s detailed processes and awareness, and hopes to explore other ways that contribute to the goal of being the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged SME in the industry.
Among Master Odor Removal’s key environmental initiatives:
- Product is water diluted, non-toxic, non-staining, non-ionic, non-carcinogenic and hypo-allergenic
- Zero waste during the course of licensees’ servicing interiors for odor removal issues
- Zero waste after a service that is flushed back into the environment
- Use of only micro-fiber cloths to clean up
- Use of electronic billing statements
- Use of post-consumer recycled materials
- Since Master Odor Removal is a home-based business, employees are not required to commute to a brick and mortar location, waste electricity or have a duplicitous carbon footprint to operate the business
Master Odor Removal is in a niche business category, i.e. the firm only does odor removal. Consumers typically have not had any real exposure to odor removal specialists. Real estate professionals, auto dealerships, and the general public for the most part only knew that if they had a tobacco, pet or food odor problems, hiring a maid service for a deep house cleaning or auto detailing without any guarantees regarding chemicals used or real effectiveness was the only option. To create instant acceptance of what Master Odor Removal provides and to justify pricing, it was important to emphasize the advantages over traditional services. With the continuous release of new scientific studies regarding the toxic nature of retail chemicals used as air fresheners and cover-ups, the company realized they were already in line with green practices, which seamlessly added to the narrative for Master Odor Removal as being the best choice for odor elimination service.
For more information on Master Odor Removal, please visit https://www.masterodorremoval.com/
For more information on the GBB program, please visit http://www.gbb.org
# # #
About Master Odor Removal: Master Odor Removal™ (MOR) is a national leader in providing odor removal and abatement solutions. MOR’s “white-glove” and green certified odor removal systems offer a 100% Guarantee that solve auto, home and commercial odor issues such as tobacco, marijuana, food, cooking odors, pet, mildew and air conditioning problems through our corporate and licensee network across the world. Our unique service is non-toxic, non-staining, non-ionic, and hypo-allergenic and we never use ozone or toxic cover-ups!
Mark Miller, President
21346 St. Andrews Blvd # 163
Boca Raton, FL 33433
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Green Business Bureau Receives 2016 Houston Award
Houston Award Program Honors the Achievement
HOUSTON September 15, 2016 — Green Business Bureau has been selected for the 2016 Houston Award in the Business Management Consultant category by the Houston Award Program.
Each year, the Houston Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Houston area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2016 Houston Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Houston Award Program and data provided by third parties.
About Houston Award Program
The Houston Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Houston area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Houston Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.
SOURCE: Houston Award Program
Houston Award Program